Monday 5 November 2012

Questionable Questions

Right, so I can't think of any opening lines this evening I'm afraid, so a Hello is all you lot are getting. 

As the title of this blog might insinuate, I'm talking about questions people ask you that are utterly ridonk and don't need to be asked or even answered. This is something that really irritates me (Supermarkets post) and my all time HATE is when I go to Nando's - I go a lot - and they ask me if I've been before. I want to turn around to them and tell them I could recite their menu backwards, or maybe ask the whole of Nando's to raise their hands if they hadn't been before so that I could arrange for them to go to counselling. 

Sticking with the theme of food, there is nothing WORSE than when someone who you go out for a meal with asks if you want to share a side or a starter when you've got your heart set on devouring the whole thing. The other week after I had my order well thought out: Lasagne, garlic bread and a portion of skinny chips. My friend Ami was like, "Oh, I might like a few chips, do you want to share?" No. No I do not want to share my chips. I want to eat them all to myself. If you want some chips, order your own portion. 

Another great one is when someone asks if you're OK. They ask you this as you're on the floor after being mauled by a Doberman or been hit by a bus. They ask you when you're so horrifically drunk that you're throwing up all over yourself whilst being physically removed by 2 bouncers in a club. Once (probably the only time I have cried in front of people I don't know that well) I'd had a really shit week, and I was in a finance lecture which lets not beat around the bush is enough to make anyone cry. I realised that I was not in a good mental position to stay there so I got up and walked out, unbeknownst to me a few people followed me because I am obviously the love of their lives/they wanted to be my friend. I was having a small nervous breakdown outside whilst trying to make a quick exit home and one of them asked me if I was OK. I just looked at her "Do I look fucking OK to you?" Safe to say she didn't want to be my friend after that.

One thing that irritates me is when people ask for the time they point at their wrist. I know where you wear a watch, unless you're that useless prick Joey from TOWIE. If I needed to know where the toilet was I wouldn't point at my vagina. 

The next lot aren't really questions, they're just stupid things people say. Boys probably won't be able to relate to this but how many girls have had the following conversation:

"What you wearing tonight?"
"Jeans, heels and a nice top."
"Ohhhh a nice top? Not a shit top then?"

Or...

"I'm just going to have a body shower."
"Not a leg shower then?"

Actually thinking about it someone asked me if I wanted a 'cold water' the other day. No, I'd like a luke warm one please.

If anyone else has any painfully ridic questions then please let me know, genuinely makes me laugh. ALOT.




No comments:

Post a Comment